Alum Canyon Editing offers editing services ranging from proofreading through developmental editing of manuscripts for peer-reviewed scientific journal articles; chapters and books on scientific, technological, or non-fiction topics; grant proposals; PowerPoint presentations with speaker’s notes; abstracts; and posters written by authors whose native language is not English.
Proofreading and copyediting services are also available for native-English writers. Alum Canyon Editing serves authors including engineers and scientists who reside anywhere in the world.
Alum Canyon Editing offers four editing levels depending on language level at the Editor’s discretion. Please contact Alum Canyon Editing for an exact estimate with current rates.
- Level 1 includes proofreading and copyediting of main text and figure legends for grammar and usage; proofreading is only available for native English or previously edited Level 2 or 3 documents. Rechecks for Level 1 projects require a new contract and fee.
- Level 2 includes editing of main text and figure legends for logic, continuity, and standard and scientific English grammar and usage. Rechecks for Level 2 projects require a new contract and fee.
- Level 3 Partial includes extensive, stylistic, substantive, structural, or conceptual editing of main text and figure legends. Page count of Partial Document is usually limited to main text and figure legends. Level 3 Partial includes a single recheck of Partial Document if requested within 180 days from the date the edited manuscript is first returned to the author.
- Level 3 Complete includes extensive or journal-specific, stylistic, substantive, structural, or conceptual editing and double-checking figure legends, tables, format, citations, and references. Level 3 Complete includes continuing revision of Complete Document if requested within 180 days from the date the edited manuscript is first returned to the author. Level 3 Complete includes editing responses to reviewers and correspondence after submission, and before or after conditional acceptance by a journal. Level 3 Complete services for complete manuscripts must be agreed to in advance.
- Level 3 Complete PLUS includes all of the Level 3 Complete services above PLUS running the manuscript on iThenticate to check for text overlaps and additional editing to reduce text overlaps.
See Guarantee page for more details regarding each service.
Turnaround times include 3, 5, 7, 10, and 14 days, depending on the service. Rates depend on document length in standard page format (12-point font, double line spacing, 1-inch margins) and vary according to editing level and turnaround time. Rates are subject to change.
As do many other editing companies, Alum Canyon Editing now keeps regular business hours: 8 am to 6 pm US Pacific time (GMT -8:00), Monday through Friday, roughly corresponding to Tuesday through Saturday in Asia. In most cases, edited documents will be returned on weekdays US Pacific time whenever possible.
ACE now observes US and other holidays. Notice of availability will be sent out to current clients ahead of time whenever possible.
If you would like to receive notice of holidays and down times, please sign up for information from Alum Canyon Editing on the signup form for information updates.
Please feel free to send a message any time. However, please note that correspondence received on weekends, US holidays, or whenever the Managing Editor is not available will be acknowledged as soon as possible. Detailed responses requiring estimates or other time-intensive tasks will generally be sent on weekdays.
A 10% discount is available for all new clients or those with editing projects at least once per year (loyalty discount).
© Content copyright 2009-2018 Alum Canyon Editing, LLC www.alumcanyonediting.com All rights reserved.
© Wildlife photograph copyright 2007 Tim Zurowski. All rights reserved.